It’s a new year, which means it’s time to break out the traditional “get in shape/get healthy” resolution. If you’re like me, then you probably don’t stick with it for more than a few days. Well I don’t know about you, but this year is going to be different. Why? Well why not? Isn’t it about time we stuck with something?
Committed? So am I! It’s a new year. A clean slate. There’s no day but today (Rent anyone?).
- I got candy for Christmas. And I also went out and bought some. So much for getting rid of the candy at my house. But it was Gertrude Hawk. And it was 50% off. That has to count for something, right?
- I continued to drink soda like it was going out of style.
- I make up lots of excuses for not exercising. It’s too cold out. I hate treadmills. I don’t want to go alone. I’m tired. The list goes on and on.
- I’m lazy.
- I’m not a big fan of vegetables, unless they’re drenched in sauce.
- I don’t care for water.
- I usually don’t stick with goals.
- Quit soda. Yes, I sound like a broken record, but I haven’t had any yet this year! I feel like I might actually accomplish this goal!
- Find yummy + healthy recipes to make. Bonus points for meatless meals!
- Exercise 30 minutes a day, 3x a week.
- Eat a more nutritious breakfast. This means less waffles + bagels, and more cereal + oatmeal.
- Drink more water.
I feel like I’m constantly stating the same goals and not sticking to them, but for once I actually feel like I want to accomplish them. Like with any goals, if your head’s not in it 100% you’re not going to succeed. You have to want it. Then I think everything clicks into place and the goals that you slacked on in the past, become attainable. Sure, it’ll still be hard, but wanting to be successful can only make it easier.
So who’s with me? Link up with Evani and join the awesome Let’s Get Physical community